We have in place a COVID-19 Safety Plan to ensure that we meet the requirements of the Government restrictions and the guidelines of Australian Sailing for a staged return to normal activities as restrictions are lifted. This is available in the links below.
Premiers Announcement 22nd November 2020:
Currently, under the latest announcement, you are allowed to:
• participate in Club racing. This includes double handed boats and trailables. Sailors can now be from different households.
• sail without wearing Masks. Social distancing is no longer required when sailing.
• rig in dedicated areas limited to 50 people, subject to 1 person per 4 SQM, keeping 1.5M apart unless wearing a mask.
• use a SUP, kayak or windsurfer
If you do go to the Club, you must register your attendance through either a QR Code sign in and sign out system or on a pen and paper Attendance Register. The QR Code system uses your mobile phone to read a code on signs around the Club. The QR system is also available on the Sailor app on your Smartphone. We are required to keep an accurate attendance register at the Club for some time for contact tracing purposes.
Use of the change rooms is now permitted with the following:
• Mens change rooms are restricted to a maximum of 5 Adults at any one time (masks must be worn by Adults)
• Ladies change rooms are restricted to a maximum of 2 Adults at any one time (masks must be worn by Adults)
• There is no limit on the number of Children in the change rooms.
Social gatherings at the Club are now allowed but subject to being outside and limited to 1 person per 2 SQM.
The following are links to our Covid-19 plan and forms.
– Rye YC Covid 19 Plan
– Routine Cleaning Checklist
– Instructor / Coach Checklist
– PRO Checklist
– Covid QR system (to enter and exit RYC)
– Covid-19 Awareness course (10 mins)